Thursday, March 7, 2013

Busy Day

Good morning, all.

Ever have one of those days when you wake up knowing it's full? And then before you have the sleep completely wiped away, you have more heaped on to the already nearly overwhelming stack? I get them more than I would like, and today is just such a day.

Thursdays are always full. I work for Right at Home, a client-based, in-home care company. I have two clients on Thursday, from 9 to 12, and then from 1 to 4, then I have class from 5 to 8. I make myself a lunch and a supper, so I can get home, eat, gather my things and leave. I have my bag that I take to work, but in the afternoon, I also have my backpack for class and my "lunch" box with my supper in it. That's just my part of the day. In the morning, between my husband and I, we have to spur the kids to get ready for school, and then get them there on time, and up until yesterday, I also double checked that my husband had his lunch packed. (That's a long story, and a lot more involved than this blog wants to get.)

Well, I was prepared for that level of busy. Only, this morning sort of got away from us. It was almost 7:15 before my husband jumped up to get the kids off to school. I had started getting ready, just in case he was planning to browse job sites this morning, when he jumped up. I was already planning the rest of the morning when he asked me to dig through the files for some paperwork we need. *sigh* Well, hubby heads out with kids in tow, and I get to making my sandwiches (boloney and cheese for lunch, chicken and cheese for supper, unless I grab them differently) and the phone rings. Nothing like becoming Grand Central Station to make a busy morning even busier. But, what's this? It's my daughter. What did she forget? "Mom, what happened last night with the car?" I love the evasiveness... no really, I frequently do things to the car, just to get my husband's goat so he'll ask me leading and vague questions about what "happened" to it... O.o So since I went to the dentist, then parked in a ramp at school, and the wipers were there last night, something happened in the wee hours of the morning in our driveway that didn't set off the alarm. Oh and how much did I drive it yesterday because the gas seems a lot lower than it should be for forty-seven miles. All this before I have to leave for work. (And, yeah, I'm trying to write this blog [for school])

I don't look forward to a day without wiperblades on roads that are relatively soggy. But what can I do? I have my kindle with me, so I can write in my downtime. That's the current work in progress, not this blog. But, but, but... I need a nap and it's only eight o'clock.

As for my new website, it's been up for a couple of days now. I have yet to figure out stats or comments, so feel free to comment here. I've gotten good feedback on facebook. I have a thirty day trial on the webhost site, and then I have to decide if I want to pay for it or let it die. If it's really a great site, and I get some good comments, here or on facebook, I just might keep it. I'll need a website eventually anyway.

*Breathe* That's Thursday. Tuesday will be joining the ranks starting next week, but that may another blog. (Who steals wiperblades?!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment